We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: May 26, 2016
Deal with the Dental Damage of Chipped Teeth
If you notice that a portion of your tooth enamel has chipped off, you’re dealing with the damage of chipped teeth. Fortunately, there are a variety of treatments to relive the dental problem. But the type of treatment prescribed by your family dentist will be based on the size and severity of the chip.
What Causes a Chipped Tooth?
Many sudden events and ongoing situations can cause a tooth to chip. No matter what the cause, you ought to see an affordable dentist as soon as possible to fix the chip and prevent the problem from worsening. The usual reasons include:
- Biting on a hard piece of food, candy, or other object
- A fall that injures your mouth
- An injury or accident from sports or daily activities
- Suffering trauma to the face, mouth, or jaw
- Deep dental decay that leads to a bad cavity
How Should Chipped Teeth Be Treated?
While some chips in teeth are barely noticeable, others cause great pain and suffering. Regardless of the reason for the chip, it’s vital to visit an affordable dentist immediately to fix the chip and preserve your dental health. The type of treatment advised for chipped teeth will be based on the severity of the problem and degree of dental damage.
- Tiny Chips – If you have a small chip in your tooth enamel, your family dentist will usually just polish the tooth to smooth the chipped enamel.
- Moderate Chips – If you experience some damage to the tooth enamel, your family dentist will probably place a crown over the tooth to improve its appearance and protect the tooth.
- Severe Chips – Badly chipped teeth are likely to have the sensitive nerve exposed, which can make them very painful. They typically require a root canal and a crown.
Since any kind of chip in your teeth can get worse without treatment, make sure you see an affordable dentist to repair the damage and prevent later problems.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Atlanta, call today or make an appointment.
offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .