We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: December 31, 2015
A First-Hand Look at Your Baby’s First Visit to a Kid’s Dentist
As a parent, you want your baby to grow up with a healthy, attractive smile. But you may be uncertain of how soon your child needs dental care and what to expect from these dental visits. Get answers to all of your questions so you can protect your child’s smile.
When to Bring your Baby to a Kid’s Dentist
New parents are often surprised to learn that their child should see a kid’s dentist by their first birthday. See, research has shown that children are getting cavities as young as age two, with 25 percent of kids in the United States getting at least one cavity by age four. To give your baby a head start on a healthier smile, take your baby to their first dental appointment by the time they’re age one.
How to Select a Respected Kid’s Dentist
Before you can take your baby for a dental check-up, you need to find the best pediatric dentists nearby and select the one who’s right for your child. To narrow down your search, try these trusted tips:
- Focus on finding pediatric dentists and dental clinics that specialize in the care of very young children.
- Ask for recommendations for a pediatric dental clinic and kid’s dentist from your child’s pediatrician, your personal dentist, family, and friends.
- Go online and research local pediatric dentists.
- Check the websites of respected dental organizations for helpful dental clinic locator tools.
- Schedule consultations with your top choices for pediatric dentists to learn about their practices, policies, qualifications, staff, and dental clinics until you find a kid’s dentist who meets your child’s needs.
What to Expect at the Pediatric Dental Clinic
Once you’ve selected your baby’s dentist and scheduled their first appointment, you may wonder what to expect during the experience. This check-up will be similar to a visit to the pediatrician, but you should expect the following from the dentist or hygienist:
- A warm and friendly demeanor
- An interest in both you and your child
- Patient and thorough responses to your questions and concerns
- A kid-friendly dental clinic
- Solid knowledge of the oral health and development of young children
- A review of your child’s dental and medical history
Specific guidance on proper childhood hygiene practices, cavity protection,
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Atlanta, call today or make an appointment.
offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .