Periodontics in Roswell, GA
Skilled treatment of the tooth’s support system.
Modern dental technologies allow your Imagix Dental of Roswell dentist to fix almost any dental problem. The single most significant factor in a patient’s oral health, however, is the integrity of the gums and other supporting structures of the teeth.
Periodontics is the dental specialty involved in treating this area. Your Imagix Dental of Roswell periodontist is a dentist specially trained in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting these tissues. Periodontics has become increasingly important as evidence shows an increasing link between periodontal diseases and systemic diseases such as heart ailments and diabetes.
The Imagix Dental of Roswell periodontal team has extensive experience in dealing with all forms of periodontal diseases. Our periodontists work with each patient on an individual basis to best meet specific implant needs. Some members of our team also lecture and publish extensively on subjects relating to periodontics.
What does a Imagix Dental of Roswell periodontist do?
After graduating from dental school, Imagix Dental of Roswell periodontists spend an additional three years in postgraduate training. This specialized training qualifies them to:
- Diagnose and treat infections of the gum tissue and bone (periodontitis or periodontal disease) using non-surgical and surgical techniques
- Perform bone regenerative procedures to restore lost bone and gum support around a previously affected tooth
- Perform periodontal plastic (cosmetic) surgery procedures to treat gum recession and to improve the appearance of the gum tissue around the teeth
- Perform esthetic tissue recontouring for an improved restorative outcome
- Surgically place dental implants and perform bone augmentation procedures to allow for implant placement
- Place multiple implants when a patient is missing more than one tooth
- Manage oral medicine and pathology issues such as diabetes and drug induced overgrowth
- Co-manage complex cases with a restorative dentist by helping to restore lost tissue for better esthetics
- Provide supportive periodontal treatment for patients after active treatment