Dental Implants in North Point, GA
Your smile says a lot about you and can make a great first impression on others in the workplace or in social situations. If missing or damaged teeth are dampening your self-confidence, it may be time to look into dental implants in North Point. These cosmetic solutions can enhance your appearance and improve your bite to ensure the most attractive smile and the best first impression in all your personal and professional interactions.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are permanent anchors that allow dental appliances to be used to replace adult teeth. These prosthetics are surgically implanted directly into the jaw of the patient to provide a secure anchor for crowns and other dental appliances. Dental implant devices typically are classified into two groups:
- Endosteal dental implants screw into the jawbone to create a solid connection upon which further dental appliances can be attached. Titanium is most commonly used for these devices. While these implants typically provide greater stability for long-term use, they are not practical solutions for all patients.
- Subperiosteal dental implants are designed to provide alternative support for patients who lack adequate healthy bone in their jaws to sustain a direct implant. Instead, pins are inserted under the gum and are attached to other teeth or structures inside the jaw.
A dental implants procedure can be an ideal solution for patients who have lost teeth to injuries, gum disease and other conditions. For overall strength, durability and appearance, dental implants offer superior results in most cases.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Dental implants cost different amounts depending on the condition of your teeth, the area in which you live and the type of implant you receive. Subperiosteal dental implants are usually more expensive than comparable endosteal procedures due to the added work needed to secure these dental appliances and to ensure that they remain in place. Consulting with our dental staff directly is the best way to determine the cost of dental implants in North Point and can help you achieve your goal of a brighter smile in a cost-effective way.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
Some dental plans do cover a portion of the costs involved in a dental implants procedure. Most dental implants insurance policies, however, require extensive paperwork to justify these procedures. If dental implants insurance is not a part of your coverage, there are other ways to manage dental implants cost. Our office provides affordable dental implants that deliver the same high-quality results for you. Additionally, we can arrange payment plans for your dental implants procedure that can make our services even more affordable for you and your family.
Dental Implant Procedure Steps
Your dental implants procedure will typically involve a number of steps:
- First, we will prepare your mouth and jaw to accept dental implants. If bone grafts are required, this process may take longer.
- The dental implants are then attached to the jawbone or placed under the gum.
- The healing and fusing process may take weeks or months.
- Once the dental implants are firmly in place, an abutment will be connected to provide a secure anchorage for other dental appliances.
- Lastly, we will fit a crown or bridge over the abutment and dental implants to create eye-appealing replacements for missing or damaged teeth.
Your dentist will provide you with detailed instructions on how to manage pain and care for your new dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants can improve your appearance and your ability to bite and chew, allowing you to enjoy greater confidence in your everyday activities. Your new dental implants can also allow you to speak more clearly and can protect the overall integrity of your jaw and teeth.
Dental Implants Care
After your dental implants procedure, you can typically return to your regular oral hygiene routine almost immediately. Avoid the areas of your dental implants until the surface has completely healed. When your crowns and dental appliances have been placed over your dental implants, you can typically brush, floss, and rinse normally without any special care for these devices.
Am I a Candidate for Implants?
Most people can be fitted with either endosteal or subperiosteal dental implants. The amount of viable bone in your jaw is usually the most important factor in deciding whether dental implants are the right choice for you. By scheduling a consultation with our dental office, you can determine if these advanced dental appliances are the right choice for you.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Most affordable dental implants last at least 10 years, and some may last for much longer. Your overall gum and mouth health will often determine the longevity of these advanced dental prosthetics.
If you are considering dental implants in North Point, contact us today to set up a consultation with our knowledgeable dental staff. We look forward to the chance to serve your dental needs.